Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy and Sad

9 month old Vera really amazed us today by showing us how emotionally sensitive she is to music. She loves happy songs and would clap to the tune. She also enjoys music by Bach and will sit and listen quietly on her own when we play the CD. However, we never knew she would cry when she hears a sad tune...until today. In this video, you can watch her reactions when she hears Daddy hum a sad tune from "Letters from Iwo Jima". Click on image above to watch.

9 comments:

Jamie Tan said...

Hey you guys,

I almost died laughing watching this video. Vera is amazingly cute AND funny. I couldn't help but feel like she was like a science experiment though, very responsive one indeed. Miss her lots!!

laissezfaire said...

so funny right? We actually tested the sad tune a few times to see if it was for real or just coincidental. Each time, she became very sad when we hummed the sad tune and we had to quickly change to a happy tune. That poor thing has such crazy parents.

Mónica Calvo said...

ohhhh she is sooo adorable!!!! cute cute cute!!!!!

laissezfaire said...

Thanks eendar. =)

Anonymous said...

I felt so bad because I couldn't stop myself from laughing when I was watching this video (even though I was in my office). Awww poor Vera ...

laissezfaire said...

It is hilarious to me no matter how many times I see it. Like I said, that poor thing has crazy parents.

Jamie Tan said...

Crazy parents. Haha! Yeah...a little. No worries about that, she takes after you guys. That crazy kid likes to sit in the grocery bag?!? She's outta this world. Miss her lots!

Anonymous said...

vera's so cute and such a pretty lil one. :)

our lil one is sensitive to music too..she will sit very far away or cover her ears when certain ads appear on tv and will laugh when she hears happy songs.

laissezfaire said...

That is cute! You should take a video!